Serving up a content strategy and ‘always on’ program with a difference.
(An innovative always on program supported by creative campaign spikes to generate additional buzz)
In 2014, Pepperjack Wines and Kamber teamed up to create a content program that went against conventional wisdom and made a mark along the way.
Investigate content and channel preferences related to wine and develop a content strategy to establish a social media presence for Pepperjack Wines that distinguishes it from its competitors.
- Digital landscape audit and analysis
- Content strategy and execution
- Content production including video, motion graphics and static assets for use on social media
- Digital campaign development and execution
We conducted a digital landscape audit and analysis for Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) to determine a narrative territory we could own i.e. a content theme or themes that appealed to TWE’s target audience and compelled them to act; and that distinguished Pepperjack Wines from its competitors. The result: instead of focusing only on wine, we made Pepperjack Australia’s premier online destination for all things steak.
We used Facebook and Instagram to bring this strategy to life. Every week, we published content that added value to the communities we were developing. This included tips on how to cook steak, great places to eat steak and unique steak recipes.
Online communities responded and quickly made Pepperjack one of the most popular Australian wine brands on Facebook and Instagram.
Once we established Pepperjack Wines as an authority on the subject we ran a number of campaigns including the Steak Diaries and Steak Source. Steak Diaries saw steak aficionado, Adam North, visiting 30 steakhouses in Australia and Hong Kong in 30 days and publishing his experience on Instagram.
Steak Source was a hub (for everything steak) on Pepperjack’s website. It became the focal point for Pepperjack’s content marketing activities, featuring social media feeds, long form content and a place to host campaign activity.
We worked with Kamber across a myriad of brands over 18 months. Kamber were instrumental in building communities specifically for Wynns and Pepperjack, as well as providing counsel on other brands. Kamber helped ‘introduce’ social media to our business and quickly these brands became ‘best practice’ internally for social media.
— Rebecca Appleton, Global PR Manager, Treasury Wine Estates
- In less than 18 months, Pepperjack reached more than 4.5 million people via its digital channels, leading to almost 100,000 meaningful interactions. The Facebook fan gain to loss ratio was 19:1, which was seven times the industry average. Our videos received more than 450,000 views with an average retention time of more than 80%
- Steak Diaries (campaign): Within four weeks we had more than 24,000 direct engagements and the partner restaurants featured in the campaign received more than 10,000 visits to their websites as a direct result of the campaign
- Battle of the Steaks (campaign): Our video was seen by more than 200,000 people and resulted in more than 5,000 entries in the first three weeks.
Kamber is a specialist content marketing, video production and social media agency.
We plan, produce, publish and promote content that people crave. Our talented teams are based in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
Melbourne: Level 3, 306 Little Collins Street Phone +61 3 8643 7906
Sydney: Suite 1.02, Level 1/14 Martin Place Phone +61 2 8257 0200