Kamber & SenateSHJ x Bayer
Bayer is a leader in the manufacture and supply of pharmaceuticals for a range of serious eye diseases. As a leader in the field, Bayer is committed to investing in the broader eye health environment and supporting the prevention, early detection and management of eye disease.
Bayer approached SenateSHJ & Kamber to develop a campaign to make a real difference to the eye health of Australian’s at high risk of vision loss, and specifically to reach the 1.7 million Australians living with type 2 diabetes at risk of diabetic macular oedema (DME).
We developed a compelling creative platform: Do you see what I see? Things aren’t always as they seem that was non clinical, that connected with our audience outside the diabetes frame
To ensure the appropriate messages were delivered at the right time, the creative series featured two types of messaging; one focussed on demonstrating the link between diabetes and eye disease and another focussed on a broader eye health message about the importance of regular eye tests.
The campaign was rolled out with the following tactics in each of the four geographical locations with leading, independent Optometrists championing the campaign locally.
Local media launches were held in each location with strong attendance by television, print and radio outlets.
- Qualitative and quantitative research meta-analysis, behaviour change frameworks and 1:1 interviews
- Creative including posters, brochures and instore display
- Four pilot location activations including media and MP engagement
- Advertising including print, radio, online and Facebook
- Video production including tailored content per location
The six week campaign resulted in behavioural change in both patient and clinical settings including:
- 3.4 million potential message views
- 61,000 online video content views
- 200 percent increase in website traffic
- 4,700 clicks on ‘book an eye test today’
- Almost 400 residents at risk of eye disease (50+) had their eyes tested
- Almost 300 residents at risk of eye disease (50+ and living with diabetes) had their eyes tested or discussed diabetes
Bayer Australia is now in the process of rolling out the campaign more broadly in 2017 in other high incidence locations across Australia.
Kamber is a specialist content marketing, video production and social media agency.
We plan, produce, publish and promote content that people crave. Our talented teams are based in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
Melbourne: Level 3, 306 Little Collins Street Phone +61 3 8643 7906
Sydney: Suite 1.02, Level 1/14 Martin Place Phone +61 2 8257 0200